I have 25 years of both operational and program and experience with the full end-to-end of projects from engagement with the “the business” during concept and inception, through IT solution design into delivery including contract and vendor commercial negotiations. The focus of this work has been business outcomes and realising business benefits. My work has included business based IT development, IT strategy development, organisational change management (both structural and cultural) and process re-engineering. I have also run sourcing strategies and managed vendors including designing all SLAs for vendor management.
With respect to ITIL, I have worked extensively with the ITIL framework at ANZ, NAB and Deakin University. At NAB, I worked across all IT undertaking a Value Stream Mapping process and extensively with Infrastructure including help desks. Finally, I am a Systems Thinking, a LEAN and QA practitioner and also a SAFe Agilist.
I have applied my skillsets from IT through to sales producing the outcomes listed below:
· Project / Program Management: 35 PMs / 7 Program directors / “rolling” $20-$30million
· Quality Assurance (QA) program for all NAB Business Bank IT projects
· Leading the Agile approach for Vendor Management, Service Transition and Transformation
· Sales analytics to develop business opportunities: growth from $20m to $100m
· Performance analysis for IT and lending systems: Lending errors to 4 in 10 000 for NAB
· Operations analysis: Testing Services Australia Post
· Vendors Managed - $20m to $40m – including off shore and on-shore
· Coaching and Consulting to teams managing off-shore on-shore
· Compliance and QA process for managing processing
· Created and utilised the “Sociology of Change” model
· Organisational change facilitation for multi-million dollar teams
· Stakeholder engagement with multi-million dollar teams
· cost savings - $10m
· Board Level papers and proposals
· 75 staff (BAs, PMs, Developers and Application Support) and
· Change Management: staff engagement from 51% to 89%
- PhD Thesis – Emotional Intelligence, Emotions Management and Ethical 2005, Deakin University, Victoria
- Graduate Diploma in Group Work and Counselling, 1988, Adelaide University, South Australia
- Bachelor of Education (double major), 1986 Victoria University, Victoria
- Diploma of Teaching, 1979, RMIT University, Victoria
- Business transformations resulting in:
- Savings of $3.5 million per year in IT team running costs
- $8-$10 million of IT performance improvement savings identified
- Staff satisfaction increases from 51% to 89%
- Staff satisfaction increases from 51% to 71%
- Staff satisfaction increases from 35% to 61%.
· Consulting solutions (as above plus):
- o Developed a Business and IT Engagement and Planning model
- o 75% reduction in major IT outages
- o Doubled the sales of a Finance sales team within 3 months
- o Project & Stakeholder Management –$12 million Data Warehouse Project
- o Re-engineering the “Core Release” Processes
- o End-to-end redesign – business and IT
Awards / Publications / Presentations
- · Joint Winner of the Best Paper Award at the 2002 International Emotions In Organisations Conference.
- · “Servant-leadership” - 2003 British Academy of Management Conference.
- · “Noetic Leadership” - 2003 British Academy of Management Conference.
- · Servant-leadership Skills” - 2004 Gallup Leadership Institute Conference USA.
- · “Noetic Leadership Skills” - 2004 Gallup Leadership Institute Conference USA.
- · “Noetic Leadership: A Conceptual Model” - 2006 Gallup Leadership Institute Conference USA.
- · Co-author of “Intelligent Emotions Management” for the internationally released book “Key Issues in Organisational Communication”
- · “Well-being through Responding to Affect: Core Skills and Techniques” presented to the 2006 Australian Quality of Life Conference
- · “Coaching Skills for Responding to Affect” International Journal of Evidence Based Coaching and Mentoring, 2007
- · “Ethics, Morals and Behaviour through Coaching Skills for Responding to Affect” paper Accepted for British Academy of Management, 2007
- · “Noetic Coaching Skills: Creating Meaning and Purpose” Book Chapter, 2007 (in draft)
- “Noetic Leadership - a Conceptual Model of Leadership Integrating Affect, Cognition and Physiology,” 2007 (in review)